Monday, November 5, 2012

Recipes

I love having my own kitchen again... though I loved cooking in my parents fully stocked, expansive kitchen... which magically cleaned itself up after I finished cooking:)  I am committed to healthifying my family meals. Granted, most of the things that I make that are totally delish aren't great for you, I figure that if I at least make a concerted effort to find some healthy new recipes during my hours on Pinterest it will all be worth it. But here are some things I've made lately...

Baked apple cinnamon donuts: These are really so delish, and considering you don't fry them they are a little bit healthier than the real deal and far less mess! A yummy treat you should try.

Chicken cordon bleu rollups: I have made these twice in the last month and they are amazing. They aren't even too difficult to make. Once you get the chicken pounded out nice and thing, the assembly goes very quickly. I served it with a parmesan sauce which really enhanced the flavor of the whole dish. You must make this.

Pumpkin snickerdoodles: I am not a major pumpkin fan, but I do like the idea of pumpkin during the fall months. So, to feel festive and fall-ish, I made these and they were very good. I liked their puffiness and subtle pumpkin flavor.

Cowboy skillet: This is a fabulous casserole that is easy to make ahead of time and actually does taste even better as leftovers the next day. It is also a great meal to bring to someone, as they can just pop it in their oven at their convenience.

Chicken with mushrooms: This was so good, and I hate mushrooms! Ironic, huh? This tastes just like the dish from Panda Express (which may turn you off right there), but if you like it there, you'll love this. Easy to make and better for you than takeout.

3 comments:

  1. Hey I just figured something out... maybe you DON'T really hate mushrooms afterall! You just thought you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and those cinnamon donuts were amazing!

    ReplyDelete