Friday, November 9, 2012

Meal planning

I decided I am going to try something new and post my weekly meal plans on the blog. That way I have all the links for the recipes I need in one place, and then maybe my friends can get some ideas for dinner based upon what I have chosen. I would love for some of you to do this as well (hint, hint) so I can steal some of your selections. I love planning ahead for my weekly meals. It cuts down on trips to to the grocery store and additionally cuts down on excess spending. My plan is to have ingredients for four or five dinners a week. That way we'll have plenty of food with wiggle room for leftover nights and or meals with family. So here's the plan for the week:

Chicken tikka masala and rice: Love this recipe from one of my favorite cooking sites. All of Mel's recipes are great. As far as Indian food goes, this version has the most common ingredients, while still maintaining the flavor of the traditional dish.

Sloppy joes and sweet potatoes: To make the sweet potatoes, I wash the potato and then poke it all over with a fork. Then I place it in the microwave to cook for about 4 minutes. Then I flip it over and cook for another 4 minutes. Let sit in there a few more minutes once it's done. Then slice it open, and I add butter and a bit of brown sugar. Easy and delicious lunch as well.

Tacos with the fixings and mexican rice.

Chicken and mushrooms and rice: Love this. Will probably steam a few potstickers to accompany the dish.

I think I will also try these corndog muffins for lunch one day... perhaps for a play date.


1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I love seeing the recipes you use. I will post a few also...it is good to have a record of things you've tried so you can look back and have ideas ready.

    ReplyDelete