Thursday, November 29, 2012

A quote to make you smile...

Parker and I were sitting next to each other on the couch watching "Elf". Out of nowhere, Parker looks to me and says, "Phew... mom, you're doing great. And I'm doing really great too!"

Sometimes, you just need a child around to remind you of how awesome you are.

We are trying to help Parker learn to empathize more with others in order to help him to be more careful in his play. For example he lovingly knocks Austin over about 100 times a day. While Parker finds this rough housing fun, Austin does not. So I ask him to look at his face and tell me if Austin looks happy. Sometimes Parker is adamant that Austin does like being knocked over, no matter the tears streaming down his face. But sometimes he sees that he's hurt or scared him. So now when I am not pleased and Parker knows it he says, "Mom let me see your face." hahah. I will look at him stearnly and he'll say, "No mom, look like this." And then he'll smile with the cheesiest of grins! It's hard to stay mad at such a cute face.

I am so excited that he is so excited by all things Christmas this year. One thing I am especially excited about is introducing him to all the Christmas movies. I watched Shrek the Halls with him yesterday and he really enjoyed it. Later when in the car with my mom, he said, "I watched Shrek and that made mama really happy!" Apparently he does things just to appease me.

No comments:

Post a Comment