Friday, November 16, 2012

Meal planning week 2

Taco stuffed shells: Never had these before, but I'm giving it a shot.

Chicken pillows and parmesan sauce: Never tried making these myself before, but have loved them when other people make them for me:)

Chili and cornbread: I use the McCormick's spice packet and add all kinds of beans and corn.

Fettuskinny alfredo: I saw this in a cookbook years ago and it is now one of our almost weekly staples. Cook fettucine noodles as directed. Saute bite size pieces of chicken in a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Then remove chicken (leaving some of the juices in the pan), and add 1 1/4 cup of fat free half and half, 3/4 tsp garlic powder, some salt, and 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese melts and sauce thickens. Then add 2 Tbl of margarine or butter. Then combine everything. I also like to add sauteed zucchini when I have it.

2 comments:

  1. I want to try the fettuccine. And guess what I just bought stuff to make chicken pillows for the first time. We are on the same wavelength haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM! You will have to let me know how those taco shells taste. They look good and different. I will do a recipe post soon. I have a few crockpot recipes to review.

    ReplyDelete