Saturday, May 9, 2015

Soccer


Parker is loving soccer these days. He says, "It's my thing." He also asked if he could become a professional soccer player... all in good time buddy. He's the youngest and smallest one out there, but he gives it his all. Some of the kids are dramatic if things don't go their way, but Parker never complains. He just does what he's told and hustles. There's a little girl on the team who isn't that into it and when the coach told her what position she was playing, she said, "No... I want to be a sub!" Aka... I want to sit on the bench for the whole game and go in a play 2 minutes. haha. 

Not Parker. He's an attentive goalie, strong defender, and a lightning fast forward. The only problem is that it's hard to catch the magical moments that happen during the game. I told my dad that it's tricky to not know when a special moment is about to happen and he said, "See, that's why I have boxes and boxes of VHS tapes... you have to tape the WHOLE game!" Now I understand! 







This has been a great first season and the coaches have worked really hard to teach them the game and be supportive. I can't believe how far they've come in a very short amount of time. It's been a great activity for our whole family.

3 comments:

  1. Jo is that soccer player that wants to be the sub! . Glad parker has had a great season

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo is that soccer player that wants to be the sub! . Glad parker has had a great season

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your dad's comment about the vhs tapes. so true! my dad has a million!

    ReplyDelete