Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Awesome improvements

When my parents were out here they helped do a lot of improvements around the house. They went above and beyond to make our house feel fresh and inviting. We are so grateful.

But first, here's my cute almost-Kindergartener!

 One thing was reupholstering the dining chairs. Ours have survived many moves and stains, but were definitely showing their age. With some new fabric and an awesome staple gun,  my dad taught me how to recover them. Super simple and in about an hour, we had chairs that were like new!
 I know I've shown this table before, but they are still loving it.





 And this pool continues to be a hit!

 My summertime mantle. I was sad to see the easter eggs and bunnies go, but this'll do.
 Some of the flowers my mom added, along with a small herb garden.


It's amazing how you live with things a certain way, and then a little update can totally transform the space. Like adding more stuffing to our couches. I actually want to sit on them now:)

1 comment:

  1. Wow everything looks so great! Love the garden and the purple flowers on your mantle.

    ReplyDelete