Saturday, May 16, 2015

Doctor's visit

I've never been one to get overly concerned about my weight gain, so I don't find my regular appointments too painful, but I am proud of how I've been focused on exercising throughout this pregnancy. I workout about 6 days a week first thing in the morning. That being said, I'm HUGE and this just shows me that I really have no control over my body while pregnant. 

Austin is typically my doctor's office buddy. He's very patient. 
 I had been experience heart racing, feeling faint, and just overall exhaustion, and I was curious to see how my glucose test was going to come back. When they reported that it was normal, I was relieved but then they told me I was anemic, and that explains those symptoms I was experiencing. They also noticed additional fluid in my belly so they ordered an ultrasound (I told you I am huge!). But I'm so glad I got to see my little buddy again. He has evolved so much since I saw him at 20 weeks, and he is just darling. Thankfully, the fluid is not in the dangerous zone, so I will just keep taking my iron and resting when possible. But boy that iron makes me sick.
I am so thankful to be able to carry this baby and can't wait to meet him. But boy am I ready to be done. I'm 31 weeks, and feeling DONE! I hobble everywhere I go, I need a running start to roll over in bed, my sciatic nerve is a real bugger, and now the iron is making me sick. Blah. But... my baby is growing (3 lbs 8 oz currently which is 80% so I'm a little nervous about where we are headed...) and healthy. The boys are so excited to meet him and they talk about all the ways they are going to be helpful. July can't get here soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh you are a trooper! I'm glad everything is ok and you got to have another ultrasound. He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete