Friday, May 15, 2015

Quick DC trip

It's fun living in a new part of the country and being able to explore the areas around us. Pete had a work training in DC for several days, and since I can't pass up a hotel room that's paid for by someone else... we drove up to join him for one night. 

The boys love hotels! We got there in the evening, and went to Cafe Rio then to play at the huge mall nearby. 
 Then the next morning, we headed to the National Mall, before driving home to beat the traffic. I found a two hour parking spot, which was perfect, because I started having contractions at about 1 hour and 45 minutes:) I doubt the boys really understand what they are seeing but I love exposing them to new things. Parker shared by disdain for DC traffic... and then we saw a motorcade and he said, "Now THAT is how I want to drive here!" I told him that could be the President (doubt it, but who cares), and he got pretty excited!
 They also loved the guards outside. That was probably the highlight.



No comments:

Post a Comment