Thursday, January 31, 2013

Reasons why you don't need to clean your house...

So... I flooded the bathroom area in our master. Totally my fault. I'm so mad at myself. 

The sink was not draining well (it's separate from the toilet/shower area) and I bought some draino today. I dumped the draino, waited and then started running the water down. Well, you're supposed to run hot water, so once I saw that the water was indeed going down the drain, I left it on to heat up and run a few minutes. Then I started making dinner... forgetting about the running water. When I finally remembered it about 5-7 minutes later... there was water everywhere. I heard a squish from the carpet as soon as a walked in our ROOM! And water was rushing down the vanity. Anyway... I called maintenance... gotta love being a renter and first the maintenance guy came and then he called the carpet guy. Long story long... we had to push our bed to the side, disassemble our massive desk and move everything into half of the room so they could pull up all the padding and now we have three fans going. They also ripped out a ton of the baseboards. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! They come back on Friday to redo carpet/padding and Saturday to do drywall and baseboards... or maybe that's reversed. Not sure. It's such a big mess, all because of my thoughtless mistake That's what I get for trying to multi-task. 

But aside for our house being discombobulated (after a day of very productive cleaning and organizing)... we are thankfully renters and we don't owe anything even though it's my fault. Thank goodness. Dang... I was so looking forward to a relaxing, early bedtime. At least {arker enjoyed complimenting the construction guys on their tools ("That's a nice hammer. Cool screwdriver."). Plus, we put Austin to sleep in Parker's closet (without P knowing), and they both slept through the night:) Well, maybe Austin cried some, but not loud enough to wake up Parker. This morning, Parker wanted to go see Austin, but I didn't want him to know that he was in his closet, so I said he was "at Grammy's." That satisfied Parker's curiosity. When I finally got Austin up and came out to where Parker was, Parker said, "How was Grammy's?"


This week I had been in ultra cleaning mode. I cleaned the floors and windows vinegar, went over all the baseboards, swept the garage, cleaned the oven... and now everything is a disorganized, dusty mess. So, there are two lessons to be learned. 1)Don't leave the faucet running, unattended. 2) Don't even bother cleaning your house... bad things will happen defeating the whole purpose of your cleaning.

1 comment:

  1. Aw I would have totally done the same thing! I leave faucets running tons! Ah! Also I showed your blog to miles and he said Parker plane because he knows we are going on a plane to see him :)

    ReplyDelete