Sunday, January 20, 2013

Meal plan for this week

I've gotten out of the habit of posting our weekly meal plan, so here you go:

Monday- Taco bar (with shredded beef from refrigerated section of Costco). If I have time, I'll also make these chipotle chicken tacos as an option for filling.

Tuesday- Fettuskinny alfredo

Wednesday- Taco soup- if we have left over shredded beef then I'll throw that in there. If we don't have any left, I'll do potstickers and rice since that's already in my freezer. PS... the individual meal portioned brown rice bags that they sell in the freezer section of Costco are delicious. 3 minutes... really good brown rice.

Thursday- Chicken lettuce wraps. Never made these, but they look good. I also have a more teriyaki tasting marinade recipe that we've used in the past, so we'll see what ingredients I have on hand come Thursday.

Friday- And then for a little light soup (hahaha). I have tried making broccoli cheese soup once before in the beginning of my marriage, and it didn't go well. At that time, I didn't realize that when you make a roux and add milk, you have to stir and stir and stir and boil and boil before it starts to get thick. So, I gave up prematurely and we went to Applebees instead:) It's time for another go. Maybe even with homemade bread bowls if I'm feeling adventurous.

Saturday- Out

Sunday- Cordon Bleu Casserole... new recipe. But very similar to a rolled up version I've made before.

Monday- Baked ravioli... new recipe. We'll see how it goes.

As far as treats go... I want to try these in the next few weeks:
Lemon Loaf Cake
Brownie layer dessert


I just realized something as I was looking through cookbook compilations and blogs and other websites... I don't like recipes named for people I don't know. I don't want to eat Beau's Clam Chowder. I've never met Beau... I don't know if he can cook... I don't know what his tastes are... I'm just not comfortable with that. It's fine if you say, "Oh this is my favorite clam chowder recipe that my uncle Beau used to make." But please, don't name it Beau's Clam Chowder like that is supposed to send me running to my kitchen because it's BEAU's recipe! Random though... my apologies for that rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment