Saturday, January 19, 2013

My birthday

I turned 29 last Monday and neglected to post any birthday pictures. It was a lovely birthday, and I definitely felt the love (namely thanks to Facebook). It's amazing how social media prompts people to wish you a happy birthday, even if they haven't talked to you in forever. Not that it's bad... just sayin'.

We started off the birthday celebration Saturday, and Pete and I got to go out to dinner at Macaroni Grill, while my parents watched the boys. So fun!
On Sunday night, we went out to Claim Jumper to celebrate with my fam, because would you believe it was my birthday, my dad's birthday, and my brother's girlfriend's birthday all on January 14th?!?! Crazy!


  First thing on Monday morning, the boys and I met my dad at Denny's to redeem our free birthday Grand Slam. My dad and I would occasionally do that growing up and it was always so special. They always card us, because who really has two birthdays on the same day in one family.

Then, Austin and I took Parker to preschool and had a nice quiet naptime:)
My brother sent me beautiful flowers. 
And then that night, my sister in-law cooked a delicious roast dinner for us. It was so sweet. Such a nice special day. Then yesterday my friend Becky treated me to a manicure and pedicure. It was so amazing, and extra special since our outings together always involve the kids.

I am bummed I didn't get a picture with Dad, but Dad... you're amazing. You are the best Dad and Papa ever, and I am honored to share the birthday of such an awesome guy. Here's a picture of him (on the left) at medical convention in Miami today. Go Dad!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad your birthday was wonderful! I am of the opinion that birthday celebrations must extend at least 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday you had, Jesssica!! We are so happy for you . The pix are all great. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete