Sunday, March 1, 2015

Snow days

Parker had a great birthday. He requested hot dogs for dinner, so that was easy and he received lots of sweet phone calls throughout the day. We also went to Target to spend some of his b'day money. He picked out some Star Wars stuff from Gran and Grandaddy (hence the mask). Unfortunately, 
 Unfortunately, we've had a lot more snow this week, so after not going to school AT ALL last week due to snow days, we also had school cancelled from Wednesday- Friday this week. Lame! I'm so over living in bad weather. And we don't even have it that bad... I recognize that. But no matter whether you are snowed in because of three feet of snow or school is cancelled because of 3 inches (no joke!), it's lame! And it's just unpleasant to live where it's frigid. Bundling up is irritating and then seriously weighing whether or not to do an errand because of the bitter cold run from the car to the store, is always irritating. It would be less irritating if I didn't have small kids in tow, but I do, so it's not enjoyable. It was also disappointing because Parker was supposed to celebrate his birthday in class, so he still hasn't been able to do that. Hopefully Monday!

But at least work was cancelled for Pete on Thursday, so he and Parker built the best snowman ever. Pete had some serious skills (he claims it was his first snowman). I'm sad this pic is sideways, but the spheres are all symmetrical and I cracked up over his cheesy grin (a disguise toy from a happy meal).
 There's been a lot of playing in doors. Thankfully the boys like each other enough to hang out at home all day. I've learned that when it's an indoor play kind of week, it's pointless to clean up much. Our house looks like a tornado ravaged through it, but I keep telling myself, things will get back to normal.
 Thanks to some new birthday presents, Parker has had some novel fun. Here's his new Batman Lego creation. So cool!
 And I was driving around today, finally able to catch up on errands, I saw SPIDERMAN on a bicycle. He was in full gear, which made a lot of sense considering you would totally want your face covered in this type of weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment