Monday, March 23, 2015

24 weeks

It's funny how things change with each pregnancy. With your first, you know down to the day how far along you are, you are hypersensitive to every ache and pain, you have much more time to cater to those aches and pains, and you try to wear maternity clothes way earlier than necessary because well... you're finally pregnant and maternity clothes can be so much fun! 

With the second you get a little less of all those things, and with the third, you are just looking forward to crashing in bed at the end of the day. 

All in all, I am super lucky with the pregnancies because I don't get overly sick in the beginning and things just move along smoothly. But at 24 weeks, I am starting to feel it! Since I've only had winter babies so far, I feel like I should be ready to give birth to this one any day now. Sadly, July is not exactly around the corner. Bummer man. But I am feeling big, though I am working out daily which is not something I did in my previous pregnancies. Mostly I do yoga, but then I have also found prenatal strength training videos on youtube that I like. Pete said it's made a difference... but I don't really see it. However, I know that working out will help me bounce back better following the delivery. I am pleased with my energy level, despite the aches and pains. I find that having wood floors has been especially unpleasant on my feet and legs. Anytime I make dinner, by the end my feet are swollen and in pain. Like all my other pregnancies, I also have sciatic nerve pain and neck pain, but yoga has really helped out with that. And the acid reflux... oh what fun. Sometimes I wake up with a raspy voice because of it. 

But that's the complaining part. I am so thankful that we were able to have a third baby, that he is developing normally, and that the boys are so excited to have a little brother. We are truly blessed. No name yet, but it's fun to talk about. Austin wants to name him Chesapeake Poopyface. 

Here I am at 23 weeks. 
 24 weeks along...

2 comments:

  1. I love your bump pics! Haha I love Austin's name for the little guy. Having hard floors is definitely rough on your feet more. I can't imagine when pregnant. I used to go barefoot a lot but now I wear my Ugg slippers all of the time and that helps me a lot.

    ReplyDelete