Wednesday, March 25, 2015

St. Patty's Day

I did not plan on doing a darn thing to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. That was until Parker came home all excited because his teacher had been talking it up, and he was so excited that the leprechaun was going to visit our house, turn things green, mess things up, and leave gold coins. Uh... is this day actually a big deal? 

Oddly enough, when the day actually arrived, I noticed many friends on social media that also felt peer pressured into observing the holiday. How funny... anyway, I decided to keep it simple but do what I could to bring a little life to the day.... The boys woke up to green footprints leading to the toilet. And green water!
 Then they went downstairs and saw a photo turned upside down, Lucky Charms cereal, and a note from Leo the Leprachaun. Parker just said, "Oh yeah, I know that guy." Unimpressed. Later we went to the movies with a friend and came back for green pancakes and rainbow fruit. My friend also brought some craft stuff and the boys made Shamrocks. Bless the moms out there who let their kids use glitter:)
All in all, it was a fun day without going too crazy. Hope he doesn't expect me to up my game next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment