Monday, July 14, 2014

Plenty of swimming

It's fair to say we have been getting our fair share of swimming this summer. Up to this point we haven't been pool people, given the ages of my kids, but now that they are both comfortable in their floaties, I feel much more at ease with them in the water. 

Sadie hosted a pool party the other day and it was awesome. Parker loved the alligator raft and Austin loved bobbing around. It was a fun day for the kids who didn't even want to get out of the water for lunch, while the parents lounged in the shaded cabana eating veggie burgers. Perfection. 





 Parker, Sadie, and Reese.

 Another night we met friends at the park for a dinner date and playground time. It's a great way to get through the witching hour, that's for sure.

Since the boys had a dose of daddy, they've been missing him a lot more. This comes in the form of talking fondly about him, crying for him when they get hurt, and acting out in general. Fun times. The good news is that Pete gets to spend a few days with us at the end of the month. Can't wait for daddy to come home again! Parker's prayer the other night was, "Dear God. Bless Daddy, but I don't care that he gets to see planes, I don't care that he works out, I don't care that he's going to take me on a ship. I want him to come home." Needless to say, they miss Daddy. So do I. As much as I am not looking forward to moving, I am looking forward to being together as a family. Perhaps the joy of that reunion in October will ease the pain of moving. At least that's how I'm going to think of it. 



1 comment: