Thursday, May 1, 2014

It's like a different world

Growing up in California, you get accustomed to certain stores, restaurants, etc... Having lived in Utah and Michigan, we miss some of our normal places, but then also learned about some new places that became our favorites. Pete did a little investigating about Virginia stores. Here's his overview:


Clothing and accessories:

Most Locations in California: Ross
Most Locations in Virginia: Cato (What is Cato!?!?!?!?)

Grocery Stores 

Most Locations in California: Whole Foods 
Most Locations in Virginia: Supervalu (What is Supervalu!?!?!?!?)

Department Stores:

Most Locations in California: Macy's 
Most Locations in Virginia: Kmart (Kmart is a "department store"?!?!  I thought every Kmart was closed except that one in Provo!)

Athletic Stores:

Most Locations in California: Footlocker  
Most Locations in Virginia:Footlocker (Great, a store we never shop at is popular in Virginia!)

In other news, the boys are still cute as ever...


5 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure Pete is pulling your chain with this. We've lived in VA for 7 years and we have Ross, Macys, and Whole Foods. For grocery we have Kroger (owns Ralphs, I think), we have Safeway (owns Vons), and others. I've never heard of Supervalu or Cato, and I avoid Kmart like the plague. Also, we've been to VABeach many times; don't worry, it is very first world, in fact, there's a Williams Sonoma nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And one of our (my) all time favorite museums is in Norfolk, the Nauticus museum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to what Scott said. Also as a woman who spends Entirely tooooo much money on clothes, I have Never heard of Cato!!
    Looking at Supervalu (also never heard of it)... it owns and operates Shopper's Food, which is a grocery store in VA. Not as great as Safeway or Kroger, but shopable.

    Haha - I also think Kmart has gone out of business in most locations.
    This list is bizarre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were Pete, I'd lie to you to get you to move to VA with me, not tell you that Kmart and Supervalu (so nice of them to not even spell it correctly...it hurts my eyes!) are the #1 stores ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greg says they always grocery shopped at food lion? But while we were in Chesapeake last time, we totally went to Target. So you are fine. ;)

    ReplyDelete