Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Meeting the REAL Mickey Mouse...

The boys and I went to Disneyland last week for the very first time. We decided that we don't need more toys this Christmas, so we opted to use great grandparent Christmas money for Disney passes. I'm so excited. Pete hopes to go with us sometime for a day, but we didn't get a pass for him.

So we surprised Parker after preschool last week and told him we were driving up to Disneyland. He was happy, but not ecstatic... then it occurred to me that since he's never been to Disneyland he has no clue what that means. When we got there and he heard the music and saw the larger than life decor, he got MUCH MORE excited. We spent the afternoon and evening going on rides and walking around. The pass also gets us in to CA Adventure, so we went over there to watch a parade and go on some rides with friends who were there that day too. So fun. I can't wait to go back.

Goofy kissed Parker on the head... I think that was the highlight of his life. 



On it's a Small World... got to do it twice in a row without exiting the boat. Whoop whoop. Parker asked Austin, "Is this the most amazing day of your life?"




After a full day, we went to my grandparent's house to spend the night since they live close by. It worked out well and the boys loved spending the night there. Fun for everyone. Then we went back for a few hours the next morning. Am I the best mom or what? 

Until I finish uploading photos I will leave you with this... in Toon Town we met the "real mickey mouse", as Parker likes to call him. It was thrilling. Austin loved pointing to his shirt and then pointing to Mickey. Pure childhood bliss. 



2 comments:

  1. Yes you are the best mom! And I love the quote from Parker about it being the most amazing day of his life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two boys by yourself at Disneyland? Yes, you are mom of the year! Such a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete