Thursday, November 28, 2013

I'm thankful for...

Today is Thanksgiving and I must admit, there were some challenging parts of the week where I was struggling to feel grateful. When I just want to get a few things at Target and my son is hitting me and screaming over not getting a toy. When I've vacuumed for the 500th time and yet there are new crumbs on the floor. When the boys are screaming (they are happy, playful screams... but loud and ear piercing nonetheless) and I just want a quiet home. When the boys get up before the sun, and you must as well. 

Being a parent is hard and tiring... but at the end of most days... no matter how long and hard it was... I can typically find myself reflecting on the sweet boys I get to spend my day with and the wonderful moments we shared. I have two healthy boys who love each other so immensely it brings me to tears. Parker will always ask Austin, "Do you want to be my best friend?" and then Austin replies, "Yeah!"

I am thankful that Pete has a good job that allows me to stay home and get to experience their early years. I'm thankful that Pete musters up the energy at the end of a long day to wrestle and play "leg trap" with the boys who run to him as soon as he walks through the door. 

I'm thankful that we have so much family close to us, that can share in the every day joy of our lives. 

I'm thankful for good friends near and far who make me want to be a better friend. 

I'm thankful for Austin. 
 I'm thankful for Parker. 

I'm thankful for Pete. 

I'm thankful for this family of mine. Happy Thanksgiving!




1 comment:

  1. I am grateful that you post about things the way they really are! It's good to hear that life isn't sunshine and rainbows for everyone :) We have a lot to be grateful for and it takes sitting down and blogging about the hard moments to realize that there are happy ones too!

    ReplyDelete