Sunday, November 17, 2013

Coming out of my kitchen lately...


I made Pioneer Woman's Peanut Butter sheet cake. It was good... not very peanut buttery but good. I prefer the chocolate version and Pete prefers this one.

I'm passionate about this cajun pasta recipe. Super simple and tasty.

Sometimes it grosses me out to freeze food that's already been cooked, but I had way to much meat after making these pork burritos, so I decided to try freezing it. I am SOOOOO glad I did. Especially since I hate cleaning my crockpot, you could not tell a difference between this meal and when we originally cooked the meat. All I did was make another batch of cilantro rice and then whip up the burritos and sauce. So definitely cook more than enough meat and freeze half of it. You'll be glad you did.

This pumpkin bundt cake was good. Not something I have to make again really soon, but I made one and then plated up several slices for friends and it went a long way. This pumpkin crumb cake is on my list to make very soon.

In other news, I really think our no food coloring, reduced preservative diet for Parker (and all of us) is working in terms of his behavior. We've had a few really good days in a row and I'm encouraged. We'll see what this week holds.


2 comments:

  1. The cajun pasta looks yummy! I have the peanut butter cake pinned but haven't had an excuse to make it yet. Maybe I will wait on it. Love the recipe reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what cajun spice do you use? That pasta looks good.

    ReplyDelete