Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The plague that hit our home

Collectively, our home has been a hotbed for germs for the past two weeks. First, I wasn't feeling great (not terrible, but not great... boy do I long for that feeling again). Then the boys got runny noses. Then Parker got pink eye. That's a rough one because even though he was feeling okay, he looked awful. But even if we had wanted to go somewhere, the next day he started screaming about his ear hurting, so we went to the doctor to reveal a double ear infection. Poor guy. So with eye drops and antibiotics in hand, we headed home. Then the next day while the boys were at my mom's house during my Kids Sing rehearsal, she texted me with a picture: Austin has pink eye. It was the most cheerful face with the goopiest eye. All the while I maintained my underlying sore throat and lack of energy. Then Pete came home the next day feeling terrible (sore throat, body aches, etc...) The day after that I got hit hard with the same symptoms, though Pete was feeling a little better. Sunday, Austin's pink eye flared up again. 

It's been fun. I've tried to keep perspective on all these things, as there has been so much going on in the world in the personal lives of friends, but c'mon... I'm ready for a break. 

We couldn't have made it through without my parents. They have been amazing at watching the boys so we could rest or helping out during doctor's appointments. Their help was invaluable. 

Here's to feeling better very soon... all of us!

Here's Parker at his first little league game with his first snow cone, looking very patriotic. Thanks Papa. 
 Mr. Ping Pong playing at a graduation party.
 On the trail with Papa. Special alone time, while he had pink eye and couldn't go to church with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment