Tuesday, July 21, 2015

More hospital pics

I was very happy with my stay at the hospital. Delivering the first two at U of M, I was used to staying in the same room throughout my stay, no nursery, and being booted after 24 hours sharp! While I did miss their delicious grilled cheese sandwich, I received excellent care this time around and everyone was so friendly and helpful. The first night, I was happy to use the nursery, and they would bring Jackson to me every three hours, so I could sleep. Amazing. Since being home, my mom has offered the same kind of service, but I'm happy to report that he is doing quite well during the night, going 3-4 hours at a time between eating and mostly going right back to sleep. And when he doesn't want to go in his bed right away, he will always fall asleep in my arms, so I've gotten very used to falling asleep in the chair beside my bed. 

Anyway, back to the hospital. Our first family photo. The five of us!
 Grammy and Papa with their grandsons.
 I wasn't sure which child would be most affected by Jackson's arrival, but we've quickly seen how Austin is the one who feels a little out of sorts. The first night he went to say goodbye to me, and gave me a hug. Then as he was walking towards the door he turned around with big tears rolling down his cheeks and said, "Mama you coming back home? Tomorrow? Okay..." It was sooo sad. I've really tried to give each boy their one on one time each day, so they can feel just as important as ever.


 Jackson has a lot of dark hair. It's so cute.
 Pete has been so helpful and proactive in offering help. I think this time around, he feels much more confident in his "baby abilities" and he's doing a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment