Wednesday, July 22, 2015

First Days home

We are loving life at home these days. With each baby, you never know what you're going to get. Parker was hard from the get-go, while Austin was a dreamboat. And we were crossing our fingers that Jackson would be an easy addition... our prayers have been answered... so far at least. He loves to sleep and has been eating well. He is content to just stare at people and hang out in his swing. He does like to be held, but if that's what makes him content at this point, so be it. I feel so blessed by his peaceful temperment. The boys love holding him and are doing a good job being gentle. 

I tried taking a few pics of him for his announcement. Newborn photographers sure having their work cut our for them. I realize these are not very professional, but they are very sweet. 






 Parker has been such a doting older brother, both towards the baby and me. He is always asking me if I need anything.










My dad left after a few days, but left my mom behind to help out. She has been such a lifesaver, offering nighttime help and entertaining the boys. She also hooked us up with a new washer and dryer and I must say, I've never been so excited about an appliance! We are so grateful for a reliable washer. 

We were also happy to have Scott, Abbey, baby Madison and Lance visit on Saturday. They were so kind to make the trek with a newborn. Jackson and Madison are about 8 weeks apart.

My mom with Madison... She is about the same weight as Jackson.

She is so darling!




Madison did not love the idea of sharing her Mama!
We are so thankful to have some family close by to celebrate these life moments with.


Parker took this next one...

 My mom is super skinny these days... she has worked so hard to shed some weight to look and feel great, and her hard work has paid off. We joked that for every pound she lost...I gained!
 We almost named the baby Max, so Austin will often catch himself calling him "Max-son." He also calls him Luke sometimes. 
By the way, Jackson's name means "God is gracious" and Luke means "light". I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment