Sunday, July 5, 2015

Cute boys...

Some snapshots of our life...

The Nauticus Museum. They love driving the ships. 
 Parker is obsessed with this shark shirt Chloe and Ryan brought back from Hawaii for him.
 Good brothers reading together...
 I guess there are risks if I choose to take a rest in the afternoon... like large bowls of chocolate chips later found in their beds. Little stinkers!
 After Austin got the flu, he developed a horrible diaper rash that just wouldn't quit. So I decided that maybe potty training was the best option. Well, that lasted a day. For hours, I pottied him every 10 minutes. I'm surprised that didn't put me into labor. I also wouldn't let him sit on the couch or the rug as long as he wasn't going on the toilet, so this is the best we could do for comfort. After 4 hours, he finally went... hooray!
 Then I waited 20 minutes, instead of 10 minutes to potty him the next time... bad move. I came back downstairs to poopy underwear. Ahhhh! I give up. I know this is all normal, but it's just so taxing.

By the end of the day, we were barely speaking to each other and he had taken to playing beneath a yoga mat.
 Anyway... our house looks like this most days...But the boys literally play with every toy we own on a daily basis. They are so creative, and rotating toys doesn't work, because they love to combine sets of things as they play. So I've just resigned to the reality that my house is going to look like this for a few years, and that's okay. They are getting along, making memories, and using their imaginations. What more could I ask for?

In fact, when I stay out of their way to play, that is when they play the best. They solve their own problems, create new worlds, and just enjoy each other's company. I am blessed by this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment