Friday, July 3, 2015

Almost done...

The last few weeks of pregnancy feel longer than the rest of the pregnancy combined. Just waiting around, getting hopeful at every contraction... it's painful! In pregnancies past, I have had contractions regularly for a few weeks prior to delivery, and history has repeated itself. Most of the time they are just uncomfortable, but at the 37 week mark, I had really painful contractions, so I went to the hospital. They were strong enough, but unfortunately did not progress into labor. 

37 weeks. 
 Right before the hospital visit, my friends threw me a little baby shower at a local dessert place. I felt so loved and celebrated.
 38 weeks...
 So i'm now 38.5 weeks and no baby yet. I have regular, somewhat painful contractions for most of the day everyday. Lame. And oddly, I lost 2 lbs this week. He's sucking the life out of me:) But I'm hopeful that it won't be too much longer. The boys have been so good and patient with me. We try to do something fun every morning, but then the afternoons are for resting and they play so nicely together. We also have lots of cuddle time on my bed.

We still haven't settled on a name, which is super irritating. Why can't we just pick a name. There are just so many opinions this time (Parker and Austin have VERY strong opinions!). It's hard to come to a decision. I feel like we need to pick a name, or he'll never come... I hope that's not true!

Grandpa Bob and Kari come into town this weekend, so we're excited to see them and provided everyone stays well, we also have a trip to Charlottesville planned to see Baby Madison. But after that, the baby is welcome to come:)

No comments:

Post a Comment