Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The chair

I had some of the ladies in the neighborhood over for a brunch. They were so cute and gave me the lowdown on the neighborhood. They are all retirees, so among their hobbies are thrift store shopping.  I mentioned Pete and I have been wanting to buy a chair, but just can stomach the price tag right now. They said they'd keep their eye out.

Not a day later, I get a knock at the door and one of the ladies excitedly told me she had found an almost-new chair at a nearby thrift store. And it was $30, so it was worth checking out. Parker and I headed over and he fell in the love with the "bush" pattern. I texted Pete a pic and he said, "If it doesn't smell and it is somewhat comfortable, buy it." So I did and with the military discount, it came to a whopping $24! It's ugly, sure... but you can't beat the price. Now we're on the hunt for a chair cover:)

1 comment: