Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Disneyland with Grammy and Papa

Way back when at Christmas last year, I promised to take Grammy and Papa to Disneyland for their gift. Well, Christmas-time is almost upon us, and it still hadn't happened. haha. Anyway, got a great deal on their tix with our military discounts. Check!
 And we headed up for a full day at Disneyland and CA Adventure. We started out at Disneyland and raced to Peter Pan. 35 min wait, even though we got there right on time. Crazy. So we moved on to shorter lines... Dumbo.  Parker was Grammy's boy and Austin was Papa's boy the whole day. And I LOVED the extra supervision, stroller pushing, and ride swapping.


 It was hot and sunny, but a nice day overall.
 Sometimes it was a little too hot and tiring for the boys, but they pulled through... it is the happiest place on earth after all!

 Loved the Halloween decorations. So festive and my kind of Halloween style. (cute, not creepy).

 We went on 17 rides total, between the two parks. We also saw the Disney Jr show and Pixar parade.

 Austin was cautious, as usual, about getting sprayed by the floats.
 Bugs Life guy. The only character without a line a mile long:)
 Parker made best friends instantly with a boy standing in front of us at the bumper cars. "Chase and I are friends mom." Parker loved this ride, and this was his first time, because Aussie can't go on it yet (which means we all can't go on it when I'm the only adult). I wish I had gotten a pic of Austin's face watching us enjoy this ride. That pout... so sad.





 Dad and I went on the Radiator Springs racers ride. Soooo fun! My first time, since I usually have kids to tend... blah blah blah. We ended up being in side by side cars so we got to race each other. It was awesome. I also went on Space Mountain by myself.




It was such an awesome day. Disneyland even served food that day! And the boys got Astro Blasters which they now guard with their life. It was such a special day with the grandparents and we will all never forget it. So glad we get to do it again at Christmas and over the summer. Having Disney passes this year has been so amazing. We have gone probably 10-12 times, and it's been magical for my boys. Sometimes I think I am just spoiling them rotten and desensitizing them from appreciating special things like a trip to Disney, but every time we went, we had such wonderful quality time together. They were at great ages (mostly because I only had to pay for one of them:)) and really appreciated the magic and innocence of it all. I'll never forget this year.

1 comment:

  1. So amazing that you could go on a day when they were selling food!! ;)

    Great pics, though.

    ReplyDelete