Friday, August 22, 2014

Swim-time

This has been a summer of swimming. The boys are at great ages to just float around with their wings on, while I sit on the sidelines and monitor with a drink and a book. Love it. And it's even more fun when we have friends to swim with. We've been to about 5 different pools this summer. 
 Parker loves just floating on his back. The pool was so chaotic at this moment, but there was parker, peacefully floating.

I tried a new yoga studio. It's super nice living with my parents, so I can leave the boys at home and they are so kind to always offer to watch them. I had a free week pass, so I went as much as I could. I had tried hot yoga before, and it was too much for me, but this place claimed to be moderately heated. The first day I did a level I class in an "unheated" room which I think just meant that the air wasn't on, so it was still very warm. It was a lovely class and I really enjoyed the peace I felt during and after.  The yogi's are so affirming about one's self-worth and purpose.
 Day 2. See, not too bad after, though I was sweating a good amount throughout.
 But then I went to the "candlelight" class. Doesn't that sound nice? It was a different style class, but it still said it catered to all levels. From the second I walked through the door, I should have known I was in for it. Holy smokes! Within 10 secs in the room, every inch of me was sweating. I hadn't even DONE anything yet! Anyway, I can't believe I made it through. Difficult postures, extreme heat, etc... that was rough. No amount of candles could have made that better. But I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment