Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Happy birthday, Pete!

Pete got to come home for a few days to help us move and spend time with us before his long training. It was the best! We miss him so much and really can't wait for this time of separation to be over. The boys LOVE being with their dad. And it's his birthday today... the big 3-0! Happy birthday to the love of my life. So glad you were born!
We celebrated him first with his family on Sunday night. Denise made his favorite carmelitas!

Then on Tuesday night, I surprised him by organizing a friends party. He was caught off guard and it was so fun. Make your own nachos and brownies and ice cream were perfect. 
 Thanks to my good friend Stephanie for opening up her home and hosting so graciously. Man am I going to miss her.
 Me and my sweet honey. Now we're both 30!
 Then after supervising the move all day, we celebrated Pete at my parents house. Love celebrating three times, especially when we can't be with him on the actual day!
 The boys made him sweet footprint art with my mom. So thoughtful and they were so proud of it.


More of our week with Dad...

Swimming with Daddy!
 Stir Fresh with the whole fam.
 We went to the beach one morning and it was cloudy but perfect. Pete and Park went on a walk finding sea shells. Austin kept building unsuccessful sandcastles, and I read a book. Perfect. And then we thought we felt a sprinkle. Pete commented... "Which way are the clouds moving? I think it's about to rain." I chuckled and as he went on and on about the direction of the forthcoming weather, I jokingly said, "Okay, Magellan." Now that he's a "sailor" he thinks he's an expert on weather patterns.
 Within minutes a few small sprinkles, turned into the biggest torrential downpour I'd ever been in. We hurriedly gathered our stuff and ran to the car. Parker loved it, but Austin was crying. It was so hilarious. I guess the jokes on me. Next time, I will be sure to trust Magellan.
 See... sopping wet.
 And then we celebrated his birthday at home. Pete has a man-crush on Matt Bomer, who wears ties with tie clips, so I got him one of those. Parker also picked out a set of Legos for them to build together.
 It was a wonderful time being together. Can't wait until the next time when we'll be together for good!.
Saying goodbye is the worst!


Happy birthday, Pete! We love you so much!

1 comment: