Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I'm back...

After a few months of keeping the blog private, I've decided to be public once again now that we aren't living on our own anymore. It's just easier this way, and now I'll show up on people's feeds again. Voila!

Anyway, we've been busy with our summer quickly coming to a close. Parker still has two more weeks before preschool starts, but we are definitely feeling our freedom coming to an end. It's been fun, but I prefer having a schedule and having more stability for the boys. Parker will go to preschool here for the month of September and then we'll move the second weekend in October. He's excited to have Mrs. Valdez as his teacher (she assisted in my mom's class last year). He'll have lots of friends in there.

One of the most fun things we did for him this summer was soccer camp. I was worried it would be too much for him, but he LOVED it. 5 days for 3 hours each day (very hot days may I add). He was one of the youngest but he gave it his all and even won the MVP award for his age group at the end of the week. His buddy Chace did it too.

Everyday I picked him up the same way... hot, dirty, and sweaty!

Parker and Chace Parker. 






It's so cool when you get a glimpse at what your child might excel at later on. He's always been athletic, but beyond that, I was impressed by his competitive spirit and his determination. Even when it was hot, he gave it 100%. That's really cool to see. In addition, he was a good teammate, always encouraging those around him. What a great experience he had on the Green Giraffes.

No comments:

Post a Comment