Sunday, December 15, 2013

Women's night

Every year the preschool does a fundraiser for their inclusion program, for children with Special Needs. It really is remarkable how they seek to accommodate the needs of all children. My mom and I went with some of her staff friends. Each table is in charge of their own centerpiece. My mom decked it out with a reindeer theme. Nailed it.
 They had a slide-show going of all the children at the school. There's my boy. They had lovely music, and my favorite was featuring a teenage boy with autism. It was so touching. They also had a speaker who talked about filling up our buckets and the things that we do to fill up others or deplete others. Very good metaphor, especially around the holidays where it's easy to feel over-extended.
 My mom and I. Such a fun night with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment