Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas morning

We had a nice peaceful morning, starting at 5:45am, on Christmas morning. The kids were excited to be up, and as Parker told Pete, "Dad, I think Santa just came!" We did far fewer gifts this year, as we bought Disneyland passes instead, and it was wonderful. The kids simply loved unwrapping their treats (many of which were dollar items or toys they already owned that were long forgotten about after being confiscated after not being used properly). It was fun. Parker had been earning quarters for doing chores during the month of December to be able to buy a gift for Austin. He chose to get Austin his favorite plane, Ripslinger. He took a lot of pride in that gift. I like that system and will definitely do it again next year. Austin also got Parker a plane. It was a Planes Christmas!

Pete got me a necklace I had seen but felt too indulgent buying. Lucky me!



Then we went over to Denise's to have a call from Uncle Dan, who's been on his mission for about 16 months. He has lost about 130 pounds in the past two years. We are so proud of his progress and his positive spirit. He is doing great and it was fun to connect.

 Then we went to my parents to open gifts. Such a fun time, except that was the beginning of the flu... my brother had it the week prior, then Parker... then my dad came down with it Christmas day. Poor guy. The boys loved spending time with the great grandparents.
 And watching "Planes."

Then we settled the boys in at the grandparents so we could clean up Christmas at our home and pack for DC.

2 comments:

  1. Love your necklace and Pete's brother looks great! So sweet about the chores to get Austin a present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace beats all of the M Den presents over the years ;) Super cute! I hope our kids have the sibling love that your boys have for each other. I love that you helped them buy presents for one another. I will have to remember that!
    I didn't even recognize Pete's brother! He looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete