Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas catch-up

Pete and I got in late last night from DC, and it was a super fun getaway for the two of us. However... I was so glad to see my little darlings this morning when we went to pick them up from Grammy and Papa's. We got frequent updates about their cuteness and happiness, so we were never worried that they would miss us too much. However, by Saturday night, I wanted those boys in my arms! The reunion this morning was great. They were happy to see us and I love how Parker took such ownership over taking care of Austin in our absence. Warms my heart. Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us get away. It was such a treat and the boys had the time of their lives:) Our trip was fun... minus the stomach flu and not actually attending the wedding we went out for... more on that later.

Back to Christmas. Christmas Eve we have a tradition of spending the morning at an amusement park with the Dahlquist fam, this year was Legoland, and then heading to Yorba Linda to do Lieber Christmas in the afternoon. It's the best of both worlds. The Legoland documentation on my end is limited but Denise took some good pics that I will have to steal.

Onto the Liebers....



I made a Lieber family book with old pictures from several generations of our family. I had asked Grandpa Lieber to recall his life and stories and then compiled it into a book that I gave to all the family. I'm really glad to have this record of our family story and the pics all in one place.





 Grandpa Lieber and his great-grandsons.

 Jenna and Kendall.


 All my aunts and uncles on the Lieber side.

 Opening gifts. The boys were super spoiled.

 Austin got a Mickey Pillow Pet which he thought was the greatest thing ever!
 He loves "Mouse!"

So special to spend the holidays with family. We are so blessed.

1 comment: