Monday, October 28, 2013

Wee Sing performance

One of my favorite childhood memories was going to sing at nursing homes. I would go and perform solos with my voice teacher, and also perform shows with the children's chorus I was in. It was so much fun to perform for the grandmas and grandpas who didn't care what we sounded like, they were just glad to see cute kids! Since starting Kids Sing, I have felt so blessed to be able to extend that same opportunity to these kids. The older kids just perform in December and May, but the Wee Sing preschoolers perform mid-way through our session as well. So last week Parker had his first "performance." It was Halloween themed music, so the kids wore their costumes. While you can't hear them very well, the people there LOVE to see these little ones in costume. After the performance, they walked around waving, high fiving, and hugging the residents. This was so good for Parker. He's quite the performer... I wonder where he gets that from?



No comments:

Post a Comment