Monday, October 21, 2013

The Pinterest Complex

Pinterest is an interesting, helpful, depressing, overwhelming, fabulous invention. What a great way to bookmark things that peak your interest and stumble upon sites and blogs that would otherwise be dead to you. Overall, I think it's a great thing. But as you see all the amazing things everyone else is making for dinner, or crafts for their exquisite home, or flawless hair-dos that can be done effortlessly in 5 minutes, you can also tend to beat yourself up. However, as long as you try not to compare yourself to others and don't get down about things you aren't doing, it's a great pool of stuff to draw from. I saw this funny illustration:
Haha. I also saw another one about spending so many hours pinning new recipes that you're too tired to make dinner. :)

Anyway, I often forget which pins I try and which ones I like or don't like. Because even though something claims to be "the best ________", it's not always true. So I plan to use the blog as a record of new recipes, crafts, kid stuff, etc...

I will leave you with one more funny cartoon... I just love these!


2 comments:

  1. LOL, so true! Of all the pinning I've done on Pinterest, I think I've only gone back to see something I've pinned ONCE! But I still LOVE Pinterest! It's fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth! I remember a hilarious ecard that said something like "Thank you Pinterest for making me feel so creative even though all I've done for the last 3 hours is sit at the computer."

    ReplyDelete