Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Keith Urban concert

At the last minute my mom's friend had an extra ticket to the Keith urban concert and they invited me to go. It's rare that I get out and go do something fun like this without the kiddies, and thankfully Pete was home for the night, so we were good to go. We had a great time. Tailgating in a pretty empty "secret lot", observing all the very scantily clad cowgirls, and enjoying a fantastic concert. And this was my mom's FIRST concert ever, so it was fun to share it with her. So great!
 Allison, me, and Allie. Don't worry I crouched down so they'd feel taller:)
 The crew... friends for the last 25 years. Me, mom, Pam, Joan, Allison, Allie
 My cowgirl mama and me.
 Pam and Allison.
 Neighbors from 25 years ago and still the best of friends.
 And Ford's sat behind us.
 Keith! He is so talented. Little Big Town opened for him and boy their harmonies are amazing. Country singers are far more about the vocals, which I appreciate, than pop stars. These people have REAL talent. Plus Keith's blue eyes... Allison just kept saying how much she loved him.

 And then the unbelievable happened... he started walking into the crowd and it was hard to predict where he would go, but he ended up walking up right beside us. None of us were prepared and had our cameras ready. Then he played a few songs mid-way up so the lawn seats were the front row (50 feet from us). Then we hoped he would walk back the same way back to the stage, but figured he go on the other side. Nope... security starting pushing people back along our aisle (there was an old man separating us from the aisle, so I asked if I could sneak in front of him to get a glimpse... he just nodded). So, armed with my camera, I braced myself as he started walking down...
 So friendly, greeting all the fans and giving high fives.
 And then, he went to greet fans on the other side of the aisle and that's when I made my move. (Celebrities make me go a little nuts... I once chased Sarah Jessica Parker several blocks through the streets of NY. She was running because I was chasing her... not my finest moment). So as Keith approached, I jumped out in the aisle and squeezed his bicep. Squishier than expected, but very soft skin:) When I told Pete he said, "I didn't know you were a Keith Urban groupie?" and I'm not... but like I said, celebrities make me crazy. It was pretty thrilling. Thanks to Pam for the ticket!

One more of my cowboys.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you squeezed Keith Urban's bicep. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha...this is awesome! I am TOTALLY a Keith Urban groupie. I've been to his concert before and it was amazing. He's a great performer and let's be honest...a really good lookin' guy! Looks like a fun night out! Glad you got to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha...this is awesome! I am TOTALLY a Keith Urban groupie. I've been to his concert before and it was amazing. He's a great performer and let's be honest...a really good lookin' guy! Looks like a fun night out! Glad you got to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete