Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Recent recipes...

So here are a few of the recipes that I had catalogued on Pinterest and actually tried:

Zucchini Crisps: These were good, but not obsessed with them. Wish they were crispier... wish they were fried... but not bad for a baked version.

Pork Burritos: Totally loved this recipe. Not a Cafe Rio copycat, but the flavor was great and definitely can be used in pork salad or burritos. I found this way easier than other Cafe Rio pork recipes I've done. Way less steps with the pork. I don't have a green enchilada sauce I LOVE so I'll be on the lookout for a recipe to make my own or try other brands.

Roasted Red Pepper Pasta: You can't go wrong with Pioneer Woman recipes, though they can be labor intensive or call for ingredients I don't keep on hand. But I must say this was somewhat easy, especially using jarred roasted red peppers. I doubled this since I was dirtying my blender anyway, and froze three bags of it. I really liked it, but preferred it as a side pasta with some breaded chicken, instead of doing it as a main dish. The sauce was very flavorful, but could be too much in a large bowl.

Chicken cordon bleu casserole: Could have posted this before, but oh well... it's good, it's easy, and it tastes the same as the real version that is so much more time intensive. I have used a rotisserie chicken from the store and I have also baked my own breasts in the oven. Both are great.

Creamy Tomato and Spinach Pasta: I liked it, Pete didn't love it so much. It was a good try for a meatless dinner but don't think I will make it again, since I'm the only one who was a fan.


2 comments:

  1. I laughed at your chip comments :) I wish everything were fried haha.
    I thought the same thing about the roasted red pepper pasta. It would be better with some chicken. I thought the sauce was flavorful and pretty simple. Rob was kind of blah about it. What else is new? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I want to try the casserole. Yum.

    ReplyDelete