Monday, December 17, 2012

Austin at 9 months old

My baby is 9 months old. It is an exciting time of development for him. Right around Thanksgiving, he was undergoing some major changes. He now has four teeth on the top and four on the bottom, he is crawling like a wild man and can easily pull up onto his knees. I have even caught him pulled up onto his feet a few times. Crazy. He has a little bruise under his eye right now after taking a tumble... and so it begins:) We go to the doctor this Friday, so I'll have all his new stats then. He is not yet sleeping through the night (still getting up once or twice). I think this is the week I'll begin sleep training him. It's time and it's my own weakness that is keeping him from learning how to get through a whole night without waking. Parker was the same way. He is babbling a lot. He has directed the syllable mama and dada at Pete and I, which could have been coincidental, but we think he knows what he's saying. He also like saying bah-bah. I am going to start teaching him a few signs now that he is becoming more opinionated and aware. He loves Parker and is constantly laughing at him. He loves to grab for our food, but is still learning how to keep solids (other than baby food) in his mouth. He loves the Christmas lights and is mesmerized by crowds. He is the kind of baby that makes other moms want to have more kids. He is always happy and content. Hope he keeps that up. We love him so much.
Here's two cute videos of him.




1 comment: