Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What a character

Here's another cute pic of my Michigan man. How sweet is that eye black (which he called eye balls all night long)? 
 Parker is really hilarious. He is incredibly precocious, perceptive, and has an extensive vocabulary. It's neat because he is able to express himself so well, and most of the time able to articulate the things he thinks and feels. When we were driving to Las Vegas, he was tired of being strapped into his seat. "We're almost there" was not a satisfactory answer for him. He started screeching and screeching and it was quite unbearable. Usually I do the normal, "Stop it", "Parker, you won't get any ice cream", "Parker, that is not okay. It hurts my ears." blah blah blah. Nothing stops him when he's tantruming. So I decided to just ignore him. I told him I wasn't going to talk to him if he screamed. So he screamed for about a minute, without any response from me. And then suddenly... he stopped. A few seconds later he said in a very sweet voice, "Mama. I am going to scream and you are going to tell me to stop it." haha. Can't believe he was able to articulate his rationale for screaming, but isn't that the root of most tantrums? Freaking out causes a reaction from mom? Oh boy.
 Here's my Austin boy. I love my new comforter from Pete that he got me for Mother's Day. Austin loves it too!
 Today in the cart at Costco there was an applesauce sample. Parker was eating it with a spoon and then he leaned over to Austin and gave him a perfectly portioned, and gentle, little bite. It was the sweetest! Another day we were in Costco with my mom. She commented, "Look at the beautiful flowers." Parker said, "Yeah. Let's get some for mama."
Parker said, "God made the trees and the animals and the people. Who made the concrete?" Pete responded, "Well, God made the people who make concrete." "No... a concrete mixer makes concrete."
This kid will make me go gray in no time, but at least we have enough laughs to balance out the tough moments.

2 comments:

  1. We have that same comforter!!! I drooled over it for FOREVER and Brian got it for me for Valantines day last year. What awesome taste (and husbands) we have:)
    Your boys are so darling. I seriously cannot get over Austin's eyes.

    ReplyDelete