Friday, March 18, 2016

Friday update

Oh hey Friday. I promised I'd write... so here I am. I love Friday mornings. Two older kids are at school, Jackson is down for a nap and I can do whatever the heck I want! haha. Sometimes that means doing the chores that have been neglected, but sometimes I indulge myself in writing, blogging, podcast editing, reading, or baking. It's a great morning to be alive. 

Our neighbor Pam is the best. She is like a grandma to my kids and we love her and her husband Buddy. I had an appt on Wednesday and was cutting it close getting back for Parker on the bus, so I asked Pam if she'd meet Parker at the bus and tend to him for 15 minutes until I got home. She had done it once before and Parker loved it. He liked the novelty of it, he loved the undivided attention, he loved the puzzles she brought over, and he LOVED getting to tell her he could eat whatever snacks he wanted afterschool. Sneaky boy. So he often asks if Pam can pick him up. So I told him Wednesday that she'd be there for him... when I got home, this is what I found. Parker instructing Pam on how to play his video game. Needless to say, this was her first time, but she was a willing student. Bless her heart. 
 OH hello blue eyes. This guy is popping a bottom tooth, loves sitting up and playing with the toys around him, and has learned to wave. He takes such pride in these new skills.
 Austin doesn't love attention on him, so he didn't want a birthday party. But we had some JAGs over on Sunday night for dinner (a big group of 10) and so we sang to Austin. He loved it!
 The weather has been warming up and it's been a pleasure to be outside. I got Jackson a new hat today so that we can fully enjoy our park afternoons!

 These three... they have each other's backs.



No comments:

Post a Comment