Friday, March 11, 2016

Austin turns FOUR!


My second born son is four years old.  Austin Glen Dahlquist. When Parker was four he seemed so old, but in a funny way, I'm glad Austin still seems so young to me. I think it's mostly because of his tiny stature (his legs haven't grown much in the last 18 months and he still wears size 2t in most clothes), but he is also so sensitive and sweet that he just seems younger. He has really come alive with his personality over the last few months. He's soooo funny and loves to say sweet things. He worships Parker and rarely has opinions of his own. He just wants to be like his big brother. He is so sweet with Jackson and he's my little song bird. He is singing all day long and I love it. I tell him that his singing voice is my favorite sound in the world:) 

We love to lay on my bed together and tell stories to one another. He just recently (a month ago) started sleeping in a big boy bed, when he and Parker got bunk beds. Until then, he was perfectly content sleeping in his pack n play. He is happy to go to preschool most days, but has started complaining that it's too long. Mrs. Noel says he's a pleasure to have in class, is a good listener, and a happy friend. He prefers to play alone, unless he's playing with Parker, but I've been pleased to notice him becoming more social lately. 

I can't say enough good things about Austin. He is a true delight, an easy child, independent, and is very mannerly (he always uses people's names when speaking to them). He is darling and has the most beautiful blue eyes. We went to Buffalo Wild wings for dinner and he loved it because they have tablets you can play on. He didn't want to get up on the saddle like Parker did for his dinner... he doesn't like all the attention on him. He hasn't been real interested in sports or physical activity for that matter until recently, but it's been a pleasure hearing him ask me to find his shoes so he could go out and play soccer with Parker and Daddy. He loves his brothers and his dad. He's the best and our family couldn't do without Austin! 

B'day questions 
1. What is your favorite color? Blue because it is my favorite color and it's the coolest color. 
2. What is your favorite toy? The Michaelangelo thing (Ryan and Chloe just sent him that gift)
3. What is your favorite food? Life cereal and grapes 
4. What is your favorite tv show? Paw Patrol because I like it. I love Everest because she has an anchor. 
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Sweet potatoes (he hates sweet potatoes)... I love sweet potatoes. 
6. What is your favorite outfit?  I like to wear the monkey shirt that I'm wearing. 
7. What is your favorite game? Star Wars because it's the best because it has levels. 
8. What is your favorite snack? Goldfish. 
9. What is your favorite animal? A rhino, because it has a horn (same answer as Parker). 
10. What is your favorite song? "Twinkle Twinkle" 
11. What is your favorite book? George and the Ice Cream truck
12. Who is your best friend? Austin Brooks, Amelia, Alexis, and Parker and Jackson
13. What is your favorite cereal? Daddy's cereal
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play on the playground and go on the tire swing at school. 
15. What is your favorite drink?  Orange juice and chocolate milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? Easter because it has bunny eggs
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Elephant stuffed animals and my star blanket
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Papa's pancakes and Mrs. Noel's pancakes 
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Buffalo wild Wings because it is my birthday and it has tablets  
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A kindergarten class kid with Parker. I will learn math there and play with Parker's friends.  

*What's the best thing about being four?" Eating my donut holes (that's what he brought to his class for his b'day treat today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment