Thursday, February 7, 2013

Poor buddy

Is it bad that I have totally loved Parker's cuddliness in the last two days, since he has had an ear infection? I would never wish Parker to be sick, but if he does happen to get sick, I am going to treasure any moments he is willing to cuddle me and tell me he loves me. 

He had a runny nose the past few days, then Tuesday night, he woke up at 12:30am screaming about his ear hurting. From then on,  it was a very long night. I slept in his room, and he woke up every 10-15 minutes crying in pain and wanting to be covered up with his blanket. It was so sad/exhausting. The soonest I could get him into the doctor was 2pm, but he mostly slept and watched tv all morning, so it was okay. He kept asking, "Why does my ear hurt?" "Can you put a bandaid on my ear?" 

He was such a good boy at the doctor. He's 37 inches, 31.8 pounds, and had a temp of 101. After the doctor examined him determining he had an infection in both ears, he said, "Dr. Cairo, do you have treats here?" He thought that was pretty funny. He ended up giving him a train sticker. Big hit! Now he's on amoxicillan for 10 days. I hope he feels better soon, but I will always remember how sweet he was yesterday. 


 Parker has also learned how to take pics on my phone. Here I am working away on applications for Michigan. Have I mentioned how lucky I am to have this job? I am so appreciate to my boss for letting me work remotely and conference call into meetings.
 Me and the boys. Looking forward to Parker's third birthday in a few weeks. Yeah!



3 comments:

  1. So terrific that you're still reviewing apps for Ross. I'm glad I'll be a shoe-in if I decide to go there for B-School!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, you would be a shoe-in even if Jessica didn't work there. You went to a sick law school and that makes your better than 100% of B-School applicants. In fact, don't apply, just call and demand admission to the B-School of your choice. That's what I would do.

    ReplyDelete