Monday, February 25, 2013

A small request...

Right before bed tonight, Parker turns to me and says, "Mama, can you do me a favor?" I said sure. He pauses. "Will you make Daddy come home?" Someone is missing their daddy who's working late. Sweet.

The other night Pete called to tell Parker goodnight. Parker, who is getting very conversational on the phone, said, "Are you coming home now?" When Pete said he wasn't, Parker said, "Can you get in your car now and come play soccer with me?" While Pete had planned on working at the office for several more hours, he replied instead, "Sure. I'll be right there." And he got in 20 minutes of soccer before Parker went to bed. Then he worked from home.

I really appreciate how Pete does what he needs to do a work, but also works hard to make us a priority. I know it especially means the world to Parker, who really notices when he's gone.

Pete's a good one. We're all so lucky to have him.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! Ps only a few more days! Ill send you an email soon ;) Pps loved your card made my day!

    ReplyDelete