Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hearty Party

We love Valentine's Day around here. Sure it is lame how stores charge way more for candy and chocolate than any other time of year, just because of this holiday... but it's still sweet to take a day to really focus on the ones you love. 

My mom started a Valentine's Tea tradition many years ago, and now all her friends have come to expect a fun, red and white party every year:) I hosted my version called the Hearty Party a few times while we were in Utah, but it never seemed to work out while we were in Michigan. Sorry Ann Arbor friends:) Anyway, I wanted to do one now that we are settled in San Diego. But as I started adding up the guest list, it was too big for our little place, so I split it in two. :) So my parties were Tuesday and Wednesday of this week and it was so fun. It was a great way to reach out to some new friends and spend more time with some old ones. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get any good pics of day one, but my mom was really on top of documenting party #2. Thanks, Mom. 

College roomies... Autumn (baby Sienna), Becky (baby Abigail), and me. 
 Carter and Parker. Best buds.
 Some of the goodies.
 Kate and Sadie, from preschool. Sadie told Parker he is her Valentine. Awwwwww....
 Mari and Knox.
 Austin, me, and Olin (Pernel's little one).

 This was the first time I actually saw Sienna out of the moby wrap:) She is such a good napper in that thing. It's like magic.
 Me and one of my Valentines:)
 I am so in love with this picture. This is one happy Grammy.

Happy Valentine's day everyone. Hug and kiss on those you love today!

1 comment:

  1. Two parties is pretty impressive! It all looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete