Monday, October 12, 2015

Pumpkin Patch

We had Austin's first field trip last week. It was so much fun. Parker was at school, so it was a perfect one on one (Jackson was asleep in the Sollybaby wrap so he didn't really count) date with my boy Austin. Like I have mentioned before, he's come a long way in a month. On the first day he didn't want to go to school, he didn't want me to leave, and he DEFINITELY didn't want to talk to any other children. haha. Now he goes happily, plays nicely with others (sometimes), and sings all the songs he learned. He started singing in Spanish the other day and I was shocked. He's not much for details about what he does at school, but I guess he's been enjoying Spanish class. His teacher is wonderful, and will send home little notes in his lunchbox about how he was a great line leader, good listener, etc... 
Here is Austin with Mrs. Noel. She's been teaching at the school about 15 years. 
It's hard to get a natural smile out of him... hence my excitement over his school photos.
He's quite the dancer these days.

His class with three boys and two Austins. I hear mostly about Austin and Alexis.

The pumpkin patch was awesome. I love getting to do activities that are very different from what we'd be doing if we were in San Diego. The weather has cooled down nicely, so it's feeling fall-ish. The petting zoo was a hit.
We went on a hayride into a horse pasture. They threw out pumpkins for the horses and cows to eat. They were swarming our tractor and it was so exciting for the kiddos.

Jackson loved his first pumpkin patch!
Like I said... beautiful. I was feeling very content with my life on that particular day. I find myself looking forward to what's next and the potential of moving closer to "home" (San Diego), but I am really shortchanging myself if I don't let myself enjoy the present. How do you mix adventure and unique experiences with wanting to be close to family who is all in one place? You can't have it all at the same time and that's the pits.







Parker has always been so social and makes friends easily, so I knew preschool was going to be a great chance for Aussie to improve socially. I literally welled up with tears as I saw him go up to another little boy in an orange shirt and say, "I have an orange shirt too. I'm Austin, what's your name?" Who is that kid? Surely not my grumpy, loner son:) I don't mind that he's a little more shy or that he likes to play independently, but just knowing he has the skills to make friends... that's all a mama needs to see. When he came back over I asked what his name was... Austin's response... "He said his name was poop." Boys!



It was a great day. Hopefully we'll be able to go back with Parker before Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment