Sunday, February 15, 2015

Must try recipe and some pics

I love Pinterest for recipes. But sometimes they work better than others. Well, I am living proof that this one skillet tortellini dish is AMAZING! It came together super fast (under 20 min) and tasted like something from a restaurant. Make sure to use fresh tortellini from the fridge section, so you don't have to pre-boil it in another pan. 
 Another successful recipe I just made were these sweet potato not fries. Pete does not like sweet potatoes but he loved these. I have never had a sweet potato without butter and brown sugar, but this was delicious. Just diced sweet potatoes and a LOT of seasonings. It was also a pleasure to make because I just transitioned all our spices from our dark, cavernous pantry to an easy-to-view drawer.  I was just mad I didn't make more. No pictures, just trust me. The blogger is a friend from Provo and she's pretty impressive, especially since she's always loved cooking, but recently went gluten and dairy free due to some new dietary restrictions for her child. Make these.

How come whenever I think a Happy Meal toy is super lame, those are always the boys' favorites? Like these heinous teeth!
 My chocolate milk-aholic...
 Parker was invited to a b'day party at Chuck E. Cheese a few weeks ago, and they were also nice enough to include Austin.

 The boys had a great time managing their tokens, playing games and running around. I'm thinking this will be the format of Parker's party this year.
 Austin could have rode that dinky "carousel" for hours. So content and he didn't even choose one of the horses that went up and down. He happily sat in the stationary sleigh.
 I got Parker to hop on, since it was more bang for your "token"!
Parker was awesome at this basketball game. I love that it was his height!

1 comment:

  1. totally going to try that tortellini recipe! and those not-fries sound a lot like these baked sweet potato fries i've been making. ingredients look very similar. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/baked-sweet-potato-fries-recipe.html so i'm sure i'd like the ones you suggested!

    ReplyDelete