Sunday, June 8, 2014

A glimpse at our days

Pete's been gone four weeks. My how the time has flown. Of course we miss him and wish our daily life included him, but we are faring well in his absence. Thanks to the Marston's for dinner and playdates, family for offering me moments of quiet and errand running, morning walks with Laura, amusement park passes, nice weather, and plenty of toys to keep us busy... our life is so very blessed. 

The boys occupy each other most of the day. 


 And while our house is a disaster 98% of the time, there is usually no one that sees it besides the three of us, so I'm content with that. I'd rather have things be messy and know the kids have had an imaginative day. This is what imaginative looks like:)
 My brother came into town with Marina. Usually our activites revolved around food, which is right up my alley. Jalapenos with the crew. Parker started a game where we had to mold a twist tie into different objects and everyone guessed what it was. It was pretty funny and everyone got pretty into it.

 "Look mom, I'm a bad guy!" My worst nightmare!
 Stir Fresh with the fam. Parker loves Grammy.
 And then Scott, Lance, and Abbey came into town. The fun just doesn't stop. So glad for a few days with them! And Grandmas Joyce is here too!
 Sometimes I let Parker fall asleep in my bed. He loves it!

1 comment:

  1. You are my hero. I think of you often and how great you are doing with all of this. I would be a wreck. I'm so glad you have lots of things to keep you busy. I'm with you on the messy house thing. While sometimes it drives me crazy, most of the time, I love looking around my house and seeing the mess my kids have made. It's so funny to try and picture what they see in their minds. I love being able to see imaginative play at work. I hope you have a fantastic rest of your week. You're in my thoughts and prayers as you navigate this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete