Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

What a wonderful Mother's Day it was, and I hope all of you women, mother's or not, felt loved and important as well. Sometimes I look at my family and think... wow... I have two kids... when did that happen? But I am 29, and I guess that's a reasonable age to have two kids:) 

We had a nice day of going to church then spending time with family. Parker picked out a beautiful necklace for me, along with some workout clothes. So sweet. 

 We spent the day with my mom on Saturday, while we went up to Orange County to see some family. She's really amazing and is such a special part of my boys' life. I don't know how I'd function without her. Love you mom!

 Another special part of our day was Skyping with Elder Dahlquist, who is 9 months into his mission in Washington. He is doing great, though we miss having him around. Towards the end of the call, Parker starting yelling out what I hope was the word, "ship!" He kept saying it over and over, as we were all in shock/laughing hysterically. Hmmm... not sure where that came from.


 I love my family and I love the memories we make doing simple things. Like going to church, playing together, eating together, singing together.... On my card, Pete asked what they should write on the envelope and Parker responded, "Babe." haha.
I'm a lucky mom to have a husband that loves our kiddos so much and wants to play with them in ways I never would. 
I also reflect on days like this, about those who don't have their mom to celebrate with. Last weekend was the anniversary of Pete's mom's passing, and we took flowers to the cemetery. I wish my boys could know her, but I hope that they will know of her love for them. Before she died she made blankets for them and wrote letters and a book of her personal history. She was a devoted mom who raised four amazing kids, who are products of her hard work as a mom.

1 comment: