Thursday, March 14, 2013

Throwback

Just feeling like time is passing quickly, and as I have had both my boys turn a year older within the last month, I was looking back on some pics and of course doing some reminiscing. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the past year. 












A lot of my friends have been going through hard times lately. Struggles with pregnancy, losing parents or other loved ones, health struggles, etc... One thing I've learned is that even when we are in a place of pain or discomfort in our lives, there is always hope, and not only that, but simultaneous joy can be found.

One of my friends lost her mom to cancer yesterday. Even though this is a painful time for their family and there is great grief, there is also joy as the last months of her life were spent snuggling on her first granddaughter and being with family. Those moments will never be forgotten by the family that remains here. For the family that lost their daughter to cancer a month ago, they place their focus on knowing she is living painlessly in Heaven.

I can focus on the toys strewn all over my living room right now, or I can focus on the fun playtime that preceded the mess. I can replay Parker's whining in my head, or I can replay his sweet singing. We choose everyday what to focus on. Not to discount the trials that anyone may be experiencing today, but this post is just to remind myself... I choose where I spend my energy. Do I spend it focusing on the fleeting annoyances of the day, or do I focus on the abundance of blessings I have right now.

Pete has been working VERY long hours lately, and has had very little time with the boys. But what time he does have, he has a smile on his face and their hugs are so sweet. He gets it. He may be tired and stressed, but I see him being very present in the blessings we have here at home.

This is a very disjointed post, but this is just what I'm thinking today. I think all this is due in part to watching the show "Parenthood." Oh my gosh... what a show. It's so real and relatable. If you aren't currently watching it, catchup on Netflix. It's awesome. That's all. :)

1 comment:

  1. You always have the best reminders. I was in a very "woe is me" mood yesterday...and maybe a tiny bit this morning :) I need to get over it because my life is wonderful!
    Parenthood is really great. I hate waiting for another season to start!

    ReplyDelete