Saturday, February 13, 2016

Podcast update

The podcast has been going really well. It got off to an amazing start and has slowed down since then, but we are consistently getting over 500 downloads for each new episode within two weeks of them airing, so that's a good pace. I have gotten a lot of great feedback from people saying how encouraged they are by the interviews. It has been so much fun and I'm finally getting faster at putting them together. 

I have also been reaching out to some "stretch guests" who have amazing stories and also some notoriety. I have been so pleasantly surprised that some of them have gotten back to me. Halleluia! I'm so excited for some of the interviews I have coming up. It is such a highlight chatting with such extraordinary women and I love that I am able to branch out from my inner circle of friends and meet so many new amazing people. This podcast has been such a gift to my soul. 

I tried a new episode format this week by chatting with my friend about a book. So many moms I know want to read but don't have the time. So by summarizing a relevant book and then commentating like a book club, I thought it would be a really practical and fun episode. And it was. My friend Stephanie is such an awesome mom, and she's my go-to friend for book recommendations and parenting advice. And she was also fantastic on the podcast! Can't wait to do it again with her. 
 Almost 7 months old... time is FLYING!!!!

 My boys LOVE Where's Waldo books... when we first got them we were afraid they would be too hard, but they've really enjoyed the challenge.
 Every week after an episode goes live I post a few quotes on Instagram. I love pulling out nuggets of value from the episodes.


No comments:

Post a Comment