Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Happy 6th Birthday Parker!

How is my baby 6? I know I will probably say this every year of his life, but it seriously has hit me like a ton of bricks lately that he's not this preschooler anymore... he's a real boy... with thoughts and opinions and questions. He is awesome and I'm so pleased to see how he is maturing and it's so much fun to see where his passion and talents are. After I had him on the podcast, he told me, "Mom, now I don't need to have another job when I grow up. I'm famous and I'm just going to be a star!" (He also told me that if I want to move my podcast up the rankings, I should stop listening to other podcasts so that they aren't able to accumulate more downloads from my listens... haha!) I told him I needed to go pick up a book at the library the other day. He asked me why I like to read? I told him I like what books can teach me or I like the stories and the characters. I explained that sometimes I read books about how to be a better mom. He replied, "Well you don't need to do that, you're already the best mom." I love the perspective of a child. We can be so hard on ourselves, but to our children, we're extraordinary.

Parker had his b'day party at Chuck E. Cheese with two of his friends from preschool last year, Bradley and Ben.
Here's Bradley....                  
All his friends (and their siblings) and he and Ben. Parker can be a bit dramatic:)
Austin loved this dancing game.... and Parker wanted brownies for his dessert!

Parker hit the jackpot and got 100 tickets on a game! He quickly became a gambling addict. I see how these types of addictions come on quickly. 


I love how Parker is so polite. He holds doors open and lets me go first (except one time I thanked him for letting me go first and he said, "Well, I don't even know where I'm going so I had to let you go first). He thanks people when they do something kind. He acknowledges strangers and tells them to have a good day. He gets off the bus and runs to me with such excitement. He is so patient with Austin. He is so good at explaining himself and is very perceptive about how to work things out with Austin. He loves Pete and is taking a greater interest in watching sports and movies with him lately. He loves to sing, read, and watch shows and play games. He loves all things Legos, Star Wars, and Nerf. He loves cereal and would exist on that food alone, but we try to mix it up. He also loves tomato soup. Here are the b'day questions I asked him:
 1. What is your favorite color? Green because I like dinosaurs. 
2. What is your favorite toy? Jackson. He is fun to play with. 
3. What is your favorite food? Honey nut cheerios, and daddy's cereal and elephant cereal. And tomato soup.  
4. What is your favorite tv show? Scooby Doo. I'm not into "Jessie" anymore
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Ham sandwich (what????)
6. What is your favorite outfit?  I like to wear this. (He's currently wearing a new army green ninja turtle shirt). 
7. What is your favorite game? Star Wars game on the blue iphone. 
8. What is your favorite snack? I like bagels. Cranberry from Einstein's toasted with cream cheese 
9. What is your favorite animal? Still Rhinos... strong horns and it's tough. 
10. What is your favorite song? "My Guinea Pig" (a song they just performed in Kindergarten 
11. What is your favorite book? The lego book. 
12. Who is your best friend? Bradley and jaden and Ben
13. What is your favorite cereal? Again, I already answered that question. 
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play with dad. Soccer. I'm better than him. 
15. What is your favorite drink?  Sprite
16. What is your favorite holiday? Easter because I like doing treasure hunts. 
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Guns and swords. hahahahahahah! It's so true. 
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes and sausage. Papa makes it the best. 
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Texas Roadhouse because I like the rolls.    
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Police. I like catching robbers. 

*What's the best thing about being six? "I can't wait for my legs to get longer so I can run fast. Jackson is my best friend because he is cute and cuddly. Austin is my best friend too."

No comments:

Post a Comment